This is for a friend of mine who finds it hard to forgive the person that hurt her the most... (I know she reads my humble Blog) ♥




"FORGIVE AND FORGET"

Forgiveness is a hard thing.
What is it about forgiveness that is so difficult, even when holding a grudge, or holding on to hurt, or holding yucky old memories makes us feel so rotten.
What is it that makes it so hard to let go?

Forgiving someone does not mean that you have to have them in your life.
Forgiving is not "giving up" or "giving in", forgiveness does not mean that you are saying that an injustice has not been done, or that you agree with what happened.
Forgiveness is a magic little decision that you make to free YOURSELF.

Bad feelings, hateful memories and grudges are little daggers that carve away at our soul day after day.
Those daggers come with handcuffs and chains and one of those big metal balls latched to our ankle.
Who wants to live like that?
Who  CAN  live like that without it completely holding us back from everything that is meant for us?

You are worth  EVERYTHING  it will take to forgive someone.
YOU  are worth it.
YOUR  LIFE  is worth it.
Give yourself a deadline to let it go...
then scream at the top of your lungs, write down everything that bothers you, get  ALL  of it out...
then when the deadline is up...
let it go...
forgive.....

It's time to move forward, sweet friend.
You can't move forward when you are chained to all that yucky stuff.

YOU CAN DO THIS. You can fully forgive. You can.

I will pray for you.
Let go.
Let God.

Love and light,
SAL ♥

Post a Comment

15 Comments

Jay,Chicago said…
thank you Sal....what you wrote helped me....
Rachel, Maryland, USA said…
I do not know you personally but from your writings and especially this one, I consider you a great person.
You have opened up my eyes to understand how to be human and Godly at the same time.
Thank you Sally
F.Z., Chicago said…
Thank you. This is a topic which means a lot to me.
Roch, Baltimore said…
This article had me crying from start to finish. I was so moved by how much I understood the message that was imparted...the anger...the need to forgive...and to actually learn to forgive. This applies to so many situations, challenges and relationships, and was written so beautifully, and powerfully and with such a delicate, light touch. All I can say is wow!
Anonymous said…
thank you. i felt like i was reading my own story, just in a smaller version... of how I felt this past few years hating the people who caused all my pain... I just don't get why God doesn't end it (pain) if He has the power... I hope He will very soon, so that I won't have to struggle to forgive.
Leah, Frederiksberg, Denmark said…
Coming across this article in your blog, I was blown away. All I can say is "wow". Of course we never know the reason for peoples refusal to forgive, but I do know that this article's existence actually helped me. Wow. The article is very beautiful and very instructive
Judy, NY said…
I think I finally figured out why I have the feelings that I have. Thank you for your article...its helped me tremendously.
Seena, Bala Synwyd, Pennsylvania said…
im sure i cannot begin to understand the pain your friend has been going through

However forgiveness by definition means forgiving the wrong which has been done.

I advice her to forgive and forget. Also she should view whatever God has done for the best. There is an old jewish axiom "gam zu letova" (lit. also this is for the best). If we believe that the whole reason God put us here in this world is purely to do good to us and God loves us then everything has to be for the best.
miriam rhodes said…
what a beautiful, inspiring post. thank you.
John, Westerville, OH, USA said…
I am still struggling with the idea of forgiveness. It is difficult to forgive some people for the hurt they have inflicted. At the same time I often am angry at God for what I see as a terrible injustice. This article has helped me in my thinking and moved me closer to some dealing with forgiveness and anger. I thank you for it.
Beverly, Hurst, TX said…
great article very inspiring , well said
Rica, Buffalo, NY USA said…
For Sally's friend
I am so sorry for the pain you went through -
the act of forgiveness, has always been a difficult process for me. Thank you, your pain is a lesson to others.
I thank God for my faith, and all the amazing wisdom I don't seem to find anywhere else but Him.
A friend from Brooklyn said…
Forgiveness is always one-sided--its something you give, and is not contingent on the other person meeting you in the middle, returning the forgiveness. In an ideal world, we would all forgive at the same time, and love each other the same way, equally, but thats not how it works. But, its a privilege to be the forgiver, it completes you as a person.
dindi, caloocan said…
madaling sabihin mahirap gawin
salamat Sally sa mga sinulat mo pero para sa akin mahirap patawarin ang tao o mga taong nagbigay ng sobrang sakit sa aking damdamin
bahala na ang Diyos
Tito Francisco said…
Forget what hurt you in the past,
But never forget what it taught you.
God bless you w/ a wisdom-filled week.

FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺

© Copyright - FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺