Luscious peaches from a fruit vendor in the streets of Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) ♥


My architect/interior designer-uncle (Tito Albert), hubby, & I were at an art gallery
 choosing paintings for our new house
 and talking to our new friends
 (the gallery owner and his wife)
 when I saw this basket of luscious  peaches
 at the back of a bike...
This charming Vietnamese fruit vendor was selling fresh  peaches  & mangoes
 and I was so intrigued
 (with how their local fruits tasted compared to our own back in the Philippines)...


So...I decided to buy some  peaches
 (didn't try the mangoes ~ as they are abundant in the Philippines, anyway). 


This kind vendor offered to open and peel a  peach  for me to taste
and boy, was it delicious! 


The Vietnamese peach is not that different than the American peach
but is also similar to it in many ways.
The fruit has yellow or whitish flesh with tinges of pink and light violet.
It has a delicate aroma and a skin that is velvety.
The flesh is very delicate and easily bruised.

Oh, I just love  peachy-PEACH!
 (heheh) ♥

Post a Comment

0 Comments

FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺

© Copyright - FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺