Praying for peace for All Souls...


Praying for peace for All Souls...


We always pray for those who have died and we do so with special devotion in November, the month of All Souls.

You might pause for a moment and remember, perhaps even write down, the names of those who have died for whom you want to pray. Then pray these words:

Peace be with those who have left us and have gone to God.
May they be at peace.
May they be with God.

May they be with the living God.
May they be with the immortal God.
May they be in God's hands.

May they sleep in peace.
May they live in peace.
May they be where the name of God is great.

May they be with the living God now and on the day of judgment.
May they live with God.
May they live in eternal light.

May they live in the peace of the Lord.
May they live forever in peace,
With God in peace.

Amen.


"The angels are always near to those who are grieving, to whisper to them that their loved ones are safe in the hand of God."
~Quoted in The Angels' Little Instruction Book by Eileen Elias Freeman, 1994

ALL SAINTS' DAY:
Remembering & Honoring our dearly departed loved ones


(Visited my paternal grandparents' graves at the Bago Cemetery today...♥)


“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.”


(flowers for my beloved paternal grandmother,
"Lola" Fidela Benitez Garbanzos) ♥


"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth -- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up -- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had."
~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross


(flowers for my beloved paternal grandfather,
"Lolo" Rudy Vargas Garbanzos) ♥


~My "Lolo Rudy" (the late Rodolfo Vargas Garbanzos) was the first ever president of the Negros Press Club & also one of its founders. ♥


~Sigh...I miss my Lola Fidela and Lolo Rudy.
I have happy memories of going to their beautiful house in Calumangan, Bago which is about 15 kms.away from Bacolod.
I miss the times I would be in the garden with my Lola...gardening...or picking flowers for her flower vases~sometimes, it would be roses...or daisies...and sometimes, dahlia. ♥
~I also relish the talks I used to have with my Lolo.
We used to call him "Aristotle" because of the vast knowledge he had about a lot of things.
He was not only very bright, he was also very witty and had a keen sense of humor.
How I miss them so! ♥ ♥


Post a Comment

0 Comments

FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺

© Copyright - FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺