Gone to market...The Salcedo Week-end Market ♥


I have long heard about the famous  Salcedo Market  from magazine write-ups, newspaper articles, and word-of-mouth.
So one time I was in Manila and my friend Lesley invited me to go to the  Salcedo Week-end Market,

 the "die-hard foodie Me" was excited!

Aaahh, the  Salcedo Week-end Market 
~ a foodie haven with an amazing selection of fresh produce and delicious dishes...really quite an int'resting experience!
I enjoyed it!




At Salcedo Week-end Market, the choices are just endless!


Aside from flowers and native items, they also have the fruits and veggies section.


The vendors claim that they harvest their fruits the day before they sell them so buyers can be sure of the freshness of the products.


Fruits Galore!




Pinoy sweets and home-baked pastries





freshly-baked organic bread


a whole Roasted Cow ("Lechon Baka")!




Kesong Puti
(this, I bought for beloved hubby because it's his favorite!)
and other "kakanin"/delicacies



native Suman




my friend Lesley all-smiles


Sausages on the grill...
My friend Les bought one (with Ciabatta bread) and told me this was her favorite.
I ended up buying one for myself, too ~ 'twas good, although the one I got was a bit spicy for my taste...oh well.
(chuckle, chuckle)


Japanese Mini-Pancakes
(wanted to try this ~ but there were just too many people lining up... hmm, maybe next time?)



Chicken Inasal
(~yes, dude, they do have Chicken Inasal like ours in Bacolod, too! heheh)

And here comes the most exciting part of the market:
Gourmet Food!


They have French food ~ like this Quiche


French desserts...


French pastries...


real French bread...



And while going through all the food finds at the market,
I stumbled upon La Cocina De Tita Moning's stall and was so delighted!

(I remembered having the wonderful experience of dining at the elegant Legarda ancestral home in the San Miguel District of old Manila {near Malacanang} with hubby and four other lawyer-close friends of his & their wives.
I remember the food very well ~ it was so good...heirloom recipes all.
The Seafood Paella and Chicken Relleno were memorable.
And our "tour guide" that time was none other than Chef Suzette Legarda-Montinola, erstwhile great-granddaughter of the famous "Tita Moning".)


Well, as I went down memory lane and savored the memory of the delicious foods we were served before at La Cocina De Tita Moning's Legarda ancestral home, I decided this time to order their Lengua cooked in White Wine, which they served with organic Red Rice ~ though quite 'salty' for my taste, it did not disappoint.
The Lengua was really juicy and tender. 


And surprise, surprise ~ Salcedo Market  also has my favorite Delimondo Corned Beef, wow!




Another childhood favorite of mine: Sugarcane Juice! ♥

(*I have fond memories of drinking "Sugarcane Juice" at Bacolod China Rose's small canteen near it.
The canteen was supposedly for the China Rose employees only, but was also open to 'outsiders'.
I remember my Mommy bringing me there after a shopping trip to China Rose Department Store ~ then one of the biggest department stores we had in Bacolod.
I was always delighted to have my favorite Sugarcane Juice!)



Roasted and Unsalted Cashew Nuts from Bataan
(I bought some for my Mom, beloved hubby and our cutie-pie grandson 'Sean Pao'...'coz they are all "nut-lovers".) ♥

Sigh!
There was just too much food for us to try at the  Salcedo Market  ~ "hindi na kaya ng powers" (LOL)...
Hope to be back again next time, especially for the other products I haven't tried yet.

What a small world, too...Les and I saw a couple of fellow-Bacolodnons also enjoying  Salcedo Market.
I bumped into my friend Ronnie Gaston and his Mom;
Les & I also bumped into our soon-to-wed friend Marimon Gonzaga, who joined us for a late lunch.
(Marimon used to work with Metrobank-Shopping branch in Bacolod and was officemates with my sister Karen.)

(*The  Salcedo Market  is found in the confines of the Jaime Velasquez Park sandwiched between the streets of Leviste and Tordesillas in Salcedo Village, Makati.)

I'll definitely be back!
Want to try the French dishes and other regional specialties
(especially the ones from Pampanga & Ilocos) next time.

Post a Comment

1 Comments

Unknown said…
I can't wait to see and visit @ Salcedo Market:)


-----> Eiyah @ Salcedo Market

FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺

© Copyright - FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺