What a beautiful birthday I had ~ thank You, Lord! ♥




What a beautiful day, what a beautiful birthday!
I thank God for the gift of life, the gift of people I love who love me, and the gift of wonderful friends!

Attended early morning mass with loved ones and enjoyed hubby's delicious breakfast treat at the new Pancake House.
(Was happy to meet the owners: Tito Boy & Tita 'Doc' Melissa Anglo ~ good friends of beloved hubby; and good friends also of my Mom ~ Tito Boy telling me that he used to take voice lessons from my Mom!)

Pancake House
G/F Avenue Suites Bldg.
12th and Lacson Sts., Bacolod City


Bacon Waffle
(delectable bacon bits inside a crispy golden waffle)


Classic Blueberry Pancake
(blueberry-filled pancake with syrup)

This afternoon, I was at the St.Vincent's Home For The Aged and shared my simple merienda celebration with the abandoned lolos and lolas.
The Sisters Of Charity nuns marked  the celebration with a mass.
It was one of the most meaningful birthdays I had. ♥

To all my friends and loved ones:
Thank you for all your greetings.
I value the many people who love me and appreciate me,
I can't help but get "senti" & teary-eyed
~ my beloved hubby and son are amused,
so much so that they endlessly tease me & call me 'bingit' (Ilonggo term for 'cry baby')!
 Hahaha! ☺
{chuckle, chuckle}

Happy Birthday Gal,
SAL ♥


St. Vincent's Home For The Aged 
~ an assisted living facility for the abandoned elderly


I was delighted to see this "birthday greeting" that welcomed me when I entered their dining hall.
And my heart was 'touched' when the nuns and the residents started singing "Happy Birthday" to me! ♥














"To love the poor is to love God the right way;
To serve them well, is to serve Him well. 
To honor our Lord,
we should imitate Him."
~St.Vincent de Paul









the pretty Birthday Cake with pink and white icing my friend Shanie ordered from Postre De Silay
(I made sure all the elderly residents had a slice 
~ the sisters included!)


homemade Valenciana I prepared


my homemade Sotanghon Guisado


my homemade Chicken-Macaroni Salad
(gosh, in my haste, I forgot to put the Maraschino Cherries on top!
hu-hu-hu)



Buttered Chicken 


more Sotanghon Guisado


Lomi 


more Buttered Chicken! 


(the simple "give-aways" inside the Loot Bags I gave the elderly residents: comb, sachets of shampoo, soap, soap dish, face towel, and powder) ♥






the delicious Mango-And-Ube Cake from Goldilocks given by my sister and her son 


Hmm...these are the cakes given to me by my friend Rose F.!



This one is from my friend Gerry G.!

"Whatever our hands touch,
we leave fingerprints...
as we touch others' lives,
we leave our identity.
Wherever we go today,
may God help us leave heartprints of compassion and kindness.
And if someone should say:
'I felt your touch',
may that person sense God's loving touch through us."

'We may not always be rich in material wealth,
but we can always be rich in spirit.'

Love and light,
SAL ♥

Post a Comment

74 Comments

Lourdes Yusay Abelido said…
happy birthday sally
Anna Liza Fregil Lacson said…
‎Sally Garbanzos Estrella:

YOu deserve a year where worries don't get in the way of anything because the blessings you receive are far better than the burdens you experience...Stay positive as you are in life:)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SALLY DEAR!!!
Stephanie Sian Parreno said…
Maninay sally, happy happy birthday to you....Take care and dont forget that I love you and Maninoy Babes....mwah Tippin P.
Marybernadette Anne M. Estrella said…
‎"Happy Birthday Auntie" ^^ ♥ :*
Rowela Seduco Ureta said…
Hello dear Sally, Happy Birthday! Wishing you eternal happiness, peace and prosperity.
Tess Trinidad Madeja said…
best wishes to you Sally
Anna Liza Fregil Lacson said…
On your Birthday, TODAY...
You will laugh and let your heart sing,
You are thankful that God is on your side,
You Proclain HIS promises are true,
You will live as God would intend,
enjoying each blessing from beginning to end.
TODAY, was not promised.
It's a gift from above,
a gift worth worth sharing,
like the gift of God's love!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SALLY!
Zeus Paypon said…
Dearest Tita sal, your birthday is something I've always remembered. I'm always grateful to you and tito Babes, Happy Happy birthday!
Dioso Innday said…
May your tribe increase,,,, Happy B-day!
Jun Guerrero said…
happy bday
RJ Vasquez said…
happy birthday tita! :)
Rica Maree Dela Presbitero said…
happy birthday tita!:)
Jaeson Bernardino said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY,TITA SALLY!
Marge Hirsch said…
Our fellow YKYFB and the most beautiful Tita Sally Happy Birthday.Have fun and more Blessings!!!
Pipoy Gamboa said…
Happy Birthday Sally!! God bless you today!!!
Jojo Lumbo Ayuban said…
happy birthday sal... wishing you the best of god's graces on your special day...
Charo Bendanillo said…
happy birthday Mare! God Bless You! :-)
Ika Candie Estrella said…
Happy Birthday Tita:)
Keith Guevarra said…
Happy Birthday Tita! :)
Ma Angeline Burgos said…
Mommy Sally, HAPPY BIRTHDAY....:)
Lourdes Bernadette Justiniani said…
happy happy birthday my dear, wishing you all d best! Love you sis!
Irene Caram-Gonzaga said…
Happy birthday Sally! CHEERS :)
Morales Chanel said…
Happy Birthday Tita Sally!
Teena Marie Locsin Javellana said…
Happy birthday
Denise Sanicas said…
Happy Birthday Tita Sally! God Bless You Po! :)
Janelle Lorilla Conlu said…
happy bday tita sal! :)
Tonogbanua Leunamme said…
Happy Birthday!
Marites Dela said…
Happy Happy Birthday my dear!
Marie Victoria Cerrada-Fuentes said…
Happy Birthday to a great lady
Sandra Olaivar said…
Happy Happy BIrthday Mare! Wish you all the happiness, peace of mind, more blessings, and good health.
Jo-Ann E Vivar said…
Happy Birthday!!!! God Bless you!
Bianca Isabel Sta Ana said…
Happy Bday Tita Sally! May God Bless U all the more as you embark on another year on your journey called life ♥
Malou Fajardo Bermeo said…
Happy Birthday Mare!!! Wishing you all the best in life and all that your heart truly desires :)
Bryan Lee Sammis said…
Happy Birthday Sally!! Hope you have many more!!!
Ledy Subere said…
Happy Birthday day Sal...more blessings to come.
Bryan Lee Sammis said…
Happy Birthday Sally Garbanzos Estrella!! Hope you have many more!!
Nicole Jane Saludares Carcueva said…
happy birthday ninay sally.. :D enjoy your day.. Godbless.. :*
Pinky Zaldarriaga Conde said…
Happy Birthday Sal Wishing you always in Good Health and more Blessings!!!♥
Sui Orchids said…
happy birthday my good friend
Manolo Hojilla said…
Happy Birthday, Sally!!! Enjoy your day...
Rose-jo G. Dy said…
Happy birthday Sally! Stay gorgeous! :)
Ria Alemany said…
happy birthday sal.
Jun Tan said…
happy birthday to my ever beautiful kumare.....
Gwyneth Bacay said…
happy bday
Reinhart Presbitero said…
Happy Birthday Tita!!!
Isabel Peguero said…
Happy birthday Sally, Have a great day!!!
Sui Orchids said…
a prayer for your birthday, a song that i wish will give you the strength whatever trials you will encounter on the road you will tread...
Mary Ann Manayon-Lamis said…
hapi hapi day! MM
Ana Pia Abaquin Garbanzos said…
happy birthday, sal!!
Maria Paulina said…
happy birthday to a beautiful and wonderful woman... :) many blessings for you! :) hugs!
Gerardine Alcalde said…
Happy Birthday Sal...God bless!
Julius Mariveles said…
Happy birthday, Sally!
Bernsky B. Manahan said…
Happy birthday Sally Garbanzos Estrella! Stay fabulous as always! God bless...
Richie Jara-Lazaro said…
Happy birthday, Sally Garbanzos Estrella! I have no doubt in my mind...you will have a great day/week ahead! God bless you!
Lucit Defante Coscolluela said…
Happy birthday Sal!
Gemma Gomez said…
happy birthday sal !!! godbless always.....
Lerie Montero Jereza said…
Happy Birthday Sal!
Prince Dumapias Garbanzos said…
Hlo there beautiful mom,happy b-day.hve a beautiful day god bless...greetings fr.garbanzos family...
Sheila H. Salvador said…
happy birthday sal!
MaryAnn Feria Colmenares said…
For every season, there is a reason, to celebrate. This is the season to celebrate you and your life! May your year be full of fabulous moments and seasons! happy birthday sal!
Anton Tony said…
Happy birthday ate sal
Alfred Tamon said…
Happy Birthday... Kmusta? Miss you...
Antonio Cuenca Nolan said…
Happy Birthday Sally. God Bless.
Rhea Lei Torrejon said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAL,still using the same cel number?
Marian Joyce Co said…
My friend, happy happy birthday....more heavenly blessings....more years to live, bdays to come, celebrate and enjoy with Tito Babes...
Cesar Carcueva said…
happy bday..God bless....
Butchiek Gerasmo said…
Happy birthday ms sally!
Marty Flores Javelona said…
Happy Birthday my BF. May you have more birthdays to come. Utang lang anay. Miss you and God Bless!
Joanne Enabe said…
What can I wish for someone who has everything...peace, happiness and good health for you and your loved ones. Happy happy birthday, Sal. From one sagittarian to another :)
Amorelle Hilado said…
Nang, Happy Bday!
Suzette Tongson said…
Happy birthday, Sally.
Maureen Ramos said…
hi sal. happy birthday! wishing you good health & happiness! love ... me
Gerry Gumban said…
Happy Birthday Sal:-) May you be blessed with happiness, good health and prosperity today and always. Keep radiating that positive vibe and always remain beautiful inside and out! Labs guid:-)
Catherine Vivar said…
Happy, happy b-day gid, Sal! Wishing you love, happiness, success, good health always. Enjoy your day and God bless. Luv yah!- CEVI

Idamay mo na lang ako sa kain, Sal. I know you'll cook a very sumptuous feast.

FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺

© Copyright - FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺