ROLI'S Napoleones ~ another love of my (gastronomic) life, heheh ♥

NAPOLEONES
Napoleones  is a layered puff pastry with creamy custard filling, topped with sugar glaze.
A perfect piece of  Napoleones  is a play on texture.
The first bite will welcome you with the light crispiness of the puff and will then introduce the mild sweetness of the custard filling that will burst from the puff 
~ utterly addicting.


There's nothing like giving in to the unique creaminess and refreshing sweetness of this Bacolod original!!

Napoleones  is a popular delicacy in our beloved Bacolod and my favorite pasalubong to dear friends and loved ones whenever I travel.
It is made even more popular by ROLI'S, which was established in Bacolod in the 1940's and has been known not only for the batches of  Napoleones  they churn out daily, but also for its distinct menu of homegrown dishes enjoyed by many generations of the past and present.
It can be said that  ROLI'S  is synonymous to awesome Napoleones,
 not only in Bacolod but also in their other branches in Iloilo and Manila.

And for us loyal fans of  ROLI'S Napoleones,
 this treat will always be as sumptuous as it can be 
~ surely a delightful find for dessert-lovers!

Post a Comment

2 Comments

Gerard said…
Hi,
Whoever wrote this article, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I’ve been having dreams about this pastry, in fact I’ve been dying to know what’s the name of this pastry for at least 3 years or so.

My short story of how I came across this dessert:
I was having a drinking spree with my highschool buddies 3 or 4 years ago, when one of them brought this pastry out, according to him he bought it on his way home from Megamall, and it’s supposed to be a “Pasalubong” to his mom and dad. He had two boxes, so he let us consume one box, and the other,will be spared for his family. We were so intoxicated that all of us didn’t even cared to ask what’s in the box and just started devouring piece by piece. But I, as a self confessed sweet-tooth, thought to myself, just after my first bite ” HOLY COW, THIS IS THE SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS!” .So the night ended with us, emptying two boxes of this still “Unknown pastry” , I fell asleep with glaze all over my mouth. When I woke up, I tried to look for that friend and ask him where can I buy that in Megamall, or what’s the name of that pastry. But he’s gone.

So, for 3 years or so, I have been plagued by the fact that I didn’t even know what’s the name of the product or the store of this amazingly delicious product. Stupid me!
And now I came across your blog, so really man, from the bottom of my endless heart, THANK YOU!!!

(and I just visited their site and found out there’s a deal in Ensogo for this Napoleones, I hope the deal is still ongoing)
Gerard said…
Pahabol comment, I just wanted to hear your thoughts on this:

This Napoleones you say, is very much similar to an Austrian pastry called “Strudel” . I mean the Mille Feuille or what they call Napoleons is also a puff pastry. But when you take a look at both of them, it would be easier to classify this Napoleones as a strudel instead of Mille Feuille.

I’m just basing it on the looks, but I don’t intend to question the owner of this business’ take on his own product. I’m sure, this is his own variation of the French Dessert, Mille Feuille. So anyway, should it look like a strudel, but tastes like a Mille Feuille. This is still one fine delicacy.
(btw I love strudel too… )

FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺

© Copyright - FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺