"OKOY" for merienda, anyone? :-)


"OKOY"
These crunchy and tasty shrimp overloaded fritters are surely a hit with kids and kids at heart.
It's a do-it-yourself dish I enjoy making for my family.


My hubby Babes craved for this and I had no choice but to make them the best (homemade) way I know how...good thing it was a hit with him, too.
(wink, wink)

OKOY
 (cooked with love)

Ingredients:
1 kilo shrimp, chopped
1 cup flour
1 piece medium-sized egg
1/2 cup water
1 piece onion, finely chopped
1 piece carrot grated
Parsley (kinchay)
Mung bean sprout (togue)
Salt and pepper

(For the dipping sauce)
1 cup vinegar
1 piece garlic, finely chopped 
1 piece onion, finely chopped 
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper

Procedure
1. Prepare the dipping sauce. 
Add garlic, onion, sugar, salt and pepper to the cup of vinegar.  
Mix well.
 Set aside.

2. Put chopped shrimp in a bowl.  
Add egg, flour, onion, and parsley.
Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Add about 1/4 cup of water.

3. Grate carrot on top of the mixture.  
Add mung bean sprouts (togue).
 Mix.

4. Form okoy using two spoons.  
Set aside on a plate.

5. Deep fry in cooking oil (I use Canola or Olive Oil.)
 until golden brown and crispy.
(You may also put whole shrimps on top of it ~ like what my hubby requested me to do. Just remove the head of the shrimps.)

6. Remove excess oil with paper towel.
 Serve.

Enjoy!

With love,
SAL ♥

Post a Comment

0 Comments

FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺

© Copyright - FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺