The Gift Of Giving ♥



It's November and we all know what that means ~ ~ Christmas is just around the corner!
This is the time I complete my gift list, frantically run around town scouring gifts, and trying to get everything done.
But this year, I promised myself to do everything early.
Last October, I already bought the containers that I needed for my Christmas presents, and ribbons & materials for the gift-wrapping.
So far, so good.
You really have to start early...as it can really get crazy.

There are so many people to give ~ ~ employees, extended family, your godson/goddaughter ('ihado'/'ihada'), your kids' teachers, the household staff, the newspaper delivery guy, the men who collect your trash, your massage therapist or 'masahista' (we have a licensed one who regularly comes to the house every week), your 'manicurista', the security guards in your village/subdivision, and so on and so forth ~ not to mention close friends and family.

Gift-giving in our family has always been a tradition.
And for me, it has almost always been food-related.
This year, I plan to give Brownies, Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, or Chocolate Cupcakes I will bake myself...

I'm also thinking of giving 'healthy' gifts from the "EchoStore" (ECHO stands for Environment and Community Hope Organization)~which sells local products~natural, organic, recyclable and earth friendly.
Incidentally, it was at the Marriott Hotel in Cebu where I first 'encountered' these wonderful ECHO products.
They have an outlet there.
I was able to buy "Ilog Ni Maria" organic products and was happy about it.
During my recent trip to Manila, I was also able to go to their Serendra store and another good product I bought was their "Coco Naturale", a 'sugar substitute' ~ it's sugar extracted from coconut.
It is very good for diabetics.
I bought some for beloved hubby.♥

Gifts shouldn't be that expensive...as what is often said ~ "it's the thought that counts".
Gifts are a 'token' of our affection for the ones we love...♥
For me, it is even better if our gifts are a 'labor of love' ~ like for instance, something we did ourselves ~ like a cake we baked or a pasta dish we lovingly prepared. ♥

Wine is also a good choice for the wine lovers in our list.

I remember one Christmas, when I gave all our neighbors and close friends a basket of delicious native "Ibos" ("Suman") with a big pack of Muscovado sugar ~ my husband was quite amused and found my gift idea 'something new for a change'.
(A relative who is very good in making "Ibos", was the one I requested to make for me.
We bought the ingredients together~'pilit'/glutinous rice, coconut milk, etc.)

It's 40 days to go before Christmas.
My family and I won't be spending our Christmas in town
but I sure am looking forward to a more meaningful Christmas.
I can't wait to send out our presents, especially to our cutie-pie grandson Pao-Pao & little 'ihados'/'ihadas'.
Christmas, after all, IS for children. ♥
~SAL


Love and light,
SAL ♥

Post a Comment

0 Comments

FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺

© Copyright - FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺