The world-famous Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur ♥


I am truly blessed with the abundance of good friends ~ "true friends".
And for that, I thank the Lord and feel very grateful.
For how many years now, I have been blessed to be invited by my 'BFF' Fedelaine to celebrate Chinese New Year with her in Singapore and last year, she was telling me to include Malaysia in our travel plans.
I was really excited then when this year, we finally had the chance to visit this land of friendly and fascinating people 
~ Malaysia. ♥

Kuala Lumpur
PETRONAS TOWERS

The Petronas Towers are an impressive icon of Kuala Lumpur.
They are visible from just about everywhere in the city, and dominate the night sky.


(Tried taking pictures of the towers with my camera, without flash...)



(Here, I used the camera, with flash na...)


Who would think I would be here now, enjoying the splendour of the Petronas Towers?!
I travelled far and wide...and here I am.
I am savoring the moment ~ priceless! ♥


I thank God for the chance to come here to beautiful Kuala Lumpur and see the equally beautiful Petronas Towers.
We came here night time and the pictures here will show how beautiful this masterpiece is.
(And to think that it wasn't almost built ~ or so the story goes...)
Today, when I think of Kuala Lumpur, I think of Petronas Towers and of my BestFriend Fedelaine who has brought me here in this great city.
I am just so happy to be here, to see this beautiful piece of art, and to bask in its splendour.
Whenever I look at the Petronas Towers, it almost makes me cry.
I'm so grateful to get these awesome pictures and will always have great memories of KL.
Life is good and God is good.
I wish to come back here again and bring the ones I love ~
and then...and then I shall have more memories to last me all throughout life...♥


(with BestFriend Fedelaine and her two sons JoMoses & Sean) ♥

Also known as "Menara Berkembar Petronas" in local language, the Petronas Towers held the record as the world's tallest buildings from 1998 to 2004.
Well, the twins lost the title to Taipei 101 in Taiwan but they remain the tallest twin buildings.
And now the Burj Khalifa in Dubai takes the cake.

The Petronas Towers are a symbol of Malaysia's progress, modernization and economic uprising.
They were designed by Cesar Pelli, an Argentine-American architect, Deejay Cerico, a Filipino-Malaysian engineer, and Dominic Saibo, another Filipino designer.
(Was very proud when I found out about the two fellow-Filipinos!)
The seven-year construction of these two giants wrapped up in 1998.
(Wow, it took that long ~ seven years! ~ to build the twin towers.)

(Well, I dunno with you guys ~ but for me, the twin towers are just like two people in love, holding hands, never letting go. How romantic ~ sigh. ♥
But then, that's just me and my thoughts ~ that's just how I am.) wink, wink 

With love from KL (Kuala Lumpur),
SAL ♥

Post a Comment

9 Comments

Suzanne, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia said…
Amazing during day and night! Best view from KLCC park and Sky Bar in Traders Hotel!
zak, KL said…
Likes:
1. Modern.
2. Many shopping choices.
3. Easy access

Dislikes:
1. Crowded.
2. Branded items and expensive
Belle, Albany, Australia said…
We stayed in a hotel not far from the towers so were able to walk over an grab some tickets for the skybridge first thing in the morning. There was a long cue however I dont think there was any problems with getting tickets if you got there before 10am. This is a good stop for half a day to do a bit of shopping, take the sky bridge tour and stroll around the park. The park is also spectacular at night time. The convention center is right next door and the Pavillion mall is a short stroll as well once you have your bearings on the place.
sfll, H.K. said…
Comparatively its ticketing is far more less than that of 101 tower in Taiwan, that one is more user friendly.
Greg said…
Very impressive architecture and well worth seeing if you are ever in KL
Nabeeha said…
Wonderful view from the top
Jennifer said…
Worthy of visiting
jojo said…
Super-good food, nice tropic weather, shop-till-u-drop, truly-asia
Audrey said…
Tall Buildings and Old Buildings Blend In Well + best value food

FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺

© Copyright - FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺