Enjoying the sights, sounds, and tastes of Kuala Lumpur ♥


Having the time of my life in KL (Kuala Lumpur)!
Striking Asian cyber-city! ♥



Shopping time in KL!
Here with Dra.Tess, the dentist-sis of BestFriend Fed.
Tess bought a fabulous LV Damier Azur Neverfull purse.
 We also enjoyed shopping at Debenhams and Isetan.
'BFF' Fed, her daughters, and I were delighted to know the clothes we bought were on sale = 50% off/Buy One, Take One!
Goody!
 I especially loved shopping at Isetan ~ their Japanese brands were so cool!
Talk about "real SALE" ~ Malaysia has it!



Malaysia's colorful past explains why it has developed such a wide variety of eclectic recipes.
Its unique recipes are part of what is now called "Nonya Cuisine".
Nonya cooking started when some Chinese traders inter-married with Malay natives and since then, different kinds of Chinese & Malay recipes were combined & improved to cooking perfection.

Like any other Asian cuisine, Malaysian recipes often use milk, lemongrass, sugar, shrimp paste, fish paste, and different types of chili.
To unfamiliar taste buds, Malaysian food is generally described as spicy, tangy, aromatic, herbal, and sometimes sweet.
Curry, which is a popular Indian dish, has also evolved to be a staple dish in Malaysia.




KOAY TEOW SOUP




This was my order: CHAR KOAY TEOW.

I love this! ♥

Even back in Singapore, 'BFF' Fed and her hubby Don never fail to order this for me whenever we'd eat out because they know it's my favorite!

The first time I tasted Char Koay Teow,
I thought it was just like the ordinary Pancit we Pinoys are used to but I soon found out that this Malaysian noodle dish was really really good.
Unlike our local Pancit, it is not greasy ~ has less oil and is just a teeny-weeny bit spicier.
This Malaysian specialty is made of thin and flat noodles made from rice and stir-fried with eggs, prawn, & special seasonings.


LAKSA


PORK CONGEE


our Dessert: MUA CHI

I love Mua Chi ~ both the version in Singapore and the one in Malaysia!
It's sweet and chewy and 'peanut-y' 
(~is there such a word? heheh)...
never mind if it's, er, fattening?
hehehe

This is similar to our very own "Muasi" or "Tikoy" 
~ y'know, the ones we have/sometimes given to us during Chinese New Year?
(My lovely friend Ching Sy delivered a box to our home while I was away in Singapore.)
Well, theirs here in KL have a wide range of choices with dif'rent flavors like pandan, green tea, etc.
Risha ('BFF' Fed's eldest daughter) and I settled for the "plain" one (regular/no flavor).
Yummy! ♥


my Mua Chi order









Aaahh..."MALAYSIA ~ truly Asia!!!"

Post a Comment

4 Comments

Ameena said…
I loved Kuala Lumpur. I went for the first time last April and had a blast. The only negative was the heat! In April! I can't imagine KL in the summer. But it was truly an amazing place full of amazing people.

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos Sally!
Lisa, New England said…
Kuala Lumpur is an amazing place, and it was really hot during our stay there, but I guess I didn't mind because I kept thinking about how hot it was back in New England while I was there. I don't mind extreme heat and humidity when I'm missing snowstorms at home.
Maurice, USA said…
I'm so enjoying these traveling posts in your blog, Sal. The foods, the historical landmarks, the pictures…so beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us your thoughtful and engaging posts! I hope you have a great life always.

Consider me an ardent fan,
Maurice
Jong,Kuching Malaysia said…
Ladies and gentlemen, this is my favorite food and it is called “Mua Chi”. I am having this snack for breakfast! it’s rain with peanuts! a lot of peanuts! I like my Mua Chi with cup of tea!

FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺

© Copyright - FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺