MESA FILIPINO MODERNE Restaurant ~ the fine-dine branch of the La Mesa Grill group of restaurants


Was excited to meet up with my friend Dada.
She invited me & our friend *Ronald to have lunch with her at MESA and we had fun catching up!!
(Ma.Leonida "Dada" Felix is VP of PDIC/Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation and a book author.
 Our paths crossed when we both joined a spiritual seminar.
 She is my friend and "fellow-journeyer".
I like her a lot 
~ I remember, she wrote me a get-well note when I got sick one night during our 3 day-seminar and I was so touched, especially because we just knew each other then.
Such a thoughtful, caring soul.
I am blessed to have her as my friend.) ♥

(*Our friend Ronald is also VP of the DBP in Makati area.)







Tawilis with mangga

Tinapa Rice
(rice peppered with smoked fish flakes with stir-fried rice, topped with tomato and salted egg)


MESA’s Laing 2 Ways
(Taro leaves, pork, shrimp paste and coconut cream topped with adobo flakes, served original and crispy)

Laing, which comes from Bicol is normally cooked with dry or fresh taro leaves.
 Using the dry leaves makes the dish a bit more crunchy (and drier), and using the fresh one makes it more leafy (and saucier). 

Pinakbet 


Dada's drink: Buko Juice


my favorite native drink: Sago't Gulaman

MESA has always been one of my favorite restaurants.
It is perfect when you're craving for good Filipino food ~ albeit with a twist!!

We had a great time at MESA ~ their dishes were all good.
And the fellowship with my friends? 
Priceless!
"Thank You, Lord." ♥

And to my friend Dada:
 "Thank you for a wonderful lunch. It was fun, fun, fun!" ♥


Post a Comment

0 Comments

FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺

© Copyright - FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺