Indian cuisine at Spice's Bite ♥




After a busy, tiring day of packing/labelling stuff and running errands together,
 I invited my daughter Shantyl to have dinner with me at SPICE'S BITE 
~ a small and simple Indian restaurant that specializes in Indian & Pakistani cuisine.
It's my second time to visit the resto.
The first time was with a good friend and it was more out of 'curiosity'  to try out the new place.

I used to think Indian cuisine was really 'spicy' but I was wrong ~ not all their dishes are 'spicy'.

(During one of my trips to Singapore, my St.Scho.classmate/close friend Dra.Fedelaine Penuela-Noarbe, who is based there, brought me to a very good Indian restaurant in Mustafa Center, Little India and it was there I have learned to appreciate Indian food ~ in fact, I enjoyed most of it.)

Well, my daughter likes spicy food so I thought it would be a good idea to bring her to SPICE'S BITE and have our dinner there.
Not a bad idea at all 'coz we enjoyed our precious time "bonding" and had a great time ~ chika, Indian food and all!


Appetizer:
Deep-fried potato
(Loved this. 'twas very tender and flavorful.)


Mixed Pakora


Chicken Biryani


Tandoori Chicken


Chicken Masala
(This reminded me of our very own "Chicken Curry".)


Sweets:
Gulab jamun
(Loved this dessert! My daughter likened it to "Leche Flan".)


Sweets:
 Chum Chum
(This was similar to our Ilonggo snack ~ "Sugar Twist" or what we call "Bitchokoy" in our native 'Ilonggo'.)


Beverage:
sweet Lassi
(Loved this, too. It's like drinking sweetened liquid yogurt.) 



(Spice Bite logo and map ~ source: FB page of Spice's Bite)

SPICE'S BITE Indian Cuisine
Narra Avenue, Door no.2,3,4
Capitol-Shopping
(beside Robinsons Triangle)
T = 708-3707

Post a Comment

2 Comments

Mr. Retovado said…
Hi. Wonderful post btw. Another great resto to try. Point out ko lg ng ang gulab jamun is the solid milk ball simmered in syrup. I don't know about chumchum..hmmmm...

they sell canned gulab jamun at the indian supermarket at northdrive near riverside...
Mr. Retovado:
Hello! Thank you for the appreciation. Thank you, too, for the 'correction' ~ NOTED. Already made the necessary correction. :-)

P.S.
Checked out your blog, too, by the way, and I think it's great.
More power! :-)

FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺

© Copyright - FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺