My "KAYA addiction"...enjoying Singaporean coffee and snacks at "TOAST BOX" ♥




KOPI  is the local name for coffee in Singapore with different types like:
1. Kopi
2. Kopi-O
("O" ~ meaning dark in Chinese and is served plain black)
3. Kopi-C
(which is served with evaporated milk)

Well, I had Kopi-C and it was so good! ♥

Kaya Toast With Butter

Wondering what "Kaya" is?
It is a jam made from thick eggs, coconut milk, and flavored with pandan leaves and sweetened sugar.


~ With the coffee and the  Kaya Toast  are the yummy soft-boiled eggs!
These eggs are thoroughly soaked for about 10 minutes in boiling water and eaten with dark soy sauce and pepper. 


I just love Singapore's "Hainanese Kaya" ~ especially at Toast Box's!!
And I'm so glad there are several  TOAST BOX  and  YA KUN  franchise outlets now in the Philippines
(there's one in Ayala Center Cebu beside my favorite Marriott Hotel) and 3, I think, in Manila:
one in Trinoma, another at Robinson's Manila, & the newest in Greenbelt) 
~ that means, I don't have to buy here in Singapore anymore, to bring home to the Philippines!
Yehey!
That should take care of my "Kaya addiction" then?!
(LOL)

Post a Comment

16 Comments

Catherine Vivar said…
Kanamiton man na, Sal!
KennyT said…
Oh Kaya! Yummy, I love the green one too.
Phyllis said…
I never heard of this one before, but i'm hearing "coconut" and "butter" so, I know this is one worth trying :)
Kris said…
oooohh.. love this.. hehehe.. i eat it with bread, toasted or not, with crackers.. with plain butter cake.. adoiiii! yummy!!
Christine said…
Looks like its worth trying!
Jen said…
Ooo... That looks tasty. Coconut and butter sounds like a good combination. I'll keep my eye out for it here.
Myra said…
Wow, I have never heard of that. I wonder if it tastes like the coconut filling inside Chinese coconut buns.
Dragon said…
I love anyting with coconut in it. :)
T N said…
Wow! There's coconut jam in the Philippines but it doesn't seem anywhere near as delicious as kaya! Darn it - I was just at our big Asian market before I saw this post. I will keep this in mind for my next trip!
oysterculture said…
We had coconut jam in Martinique and it was addicting, I'll have to see if it has the same ingredients as Kaya.
We have Asian markets galore around here, I'll have a ready supply,
Passionate Eater said…
Wow, I have never heard of that. I wonder if it tastes like the coconut filling inside Chinese coconut buns.
Coconut Girl Connie said…
interesting, we have such a comprehensive mix of ethnic food in Hawaii, but this is a new one to me, I need to check out the Malaysian markets and see if they carry it! Thanks for the info..
Michele said…
I've never heard of this before but it sounds amazing
5 Star Foodie said…
This sounds delicious - I've never had it but I would love to try - will look for it soon!
doggybloggy said…
this sounds so good - I am going to keep an eye out for this little bit of heaven
Dory Miranda said…
baw Sal, 4 eggs gid for one person only.. wow.. go! kaya mo na.. have fun in KL

FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺

© Copyright - FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺