A quick dinner at Sumo Sam (The District North Point)


It's been one looong day...hubby & I both had a very busy day afterwhich hubby invited me to go on a drive.
We decided to go to the new Ayala Mall in Talisay City ~ The District North Point and check out the place a second time.
Not all the stores of the mall are fully opened yet but luckily, the eating establishments were.
We were craving for Japanese food thus decided to dine at  Sumo Sam.

Salmon Sashimi

Ordered two of this.
 Hubby & I share a love for  Sashimi  and not much for Sushi.
 Salmon Sashimi  is one of our favorites. ♥

(Yusho Noodles)
Tempura Udon

Hubby & I shared this soup order and requested it to be served in half 
~ one bowl for each of us.
Sumo Sam's Tempura Udon  seemed okay 'xcept for the fact that the broth was a little too salty for our taste.

(Grilled Seafood)
Salmon Belly

This was hubby's order.
 And boy, was he disappointed.
Salmon order was supposed to be "grilled", right, but 'twas more like "breaded". (??)
 Hubby also found the  salmon  too  'rubbery'  and  'flavor-less' 
~ so much so he called it  "Japanese bicho-bicho".
 Haha.
 Hilarious.
 And guess what, out of the five tiny pieces, he was only able to 'endure' eating two!
 Hmp...very disappointing! :-/ 

(Sumo Donburi)
Unagidon

This was my order.
 And as you know by now (if you've read my other posts on Japanese restaurants/Japanese food), unaju has always been a favorite of mine.
 Well, sad to say, my hopes were dashed when I ordered this at  Sumo Sam.
 Their  "Unagidon"  was NOT what I expected an  unaju/unagi dish should be.
 The unagi slices were too small, they actually looked like "strips"!
 And what's with the egg thingie?
 How come my unagi dish has eggs ~ and 'scrambled eggs', at that??
 Hu-hu-hu.
And where's the unagi sauce in my dish??
Not a trace!
 I was so disappointed when my order arrived, I didn't know whether to laugh or to get mad ~ really!
I had to ask the waiter if IT was really my order??
 My hubby's eyes were twinkling with mischief and I know he was teasing me, especially when he coaxed me to go ahead, eat my "unagi omelette" (haha, funny hubby) ~ but aaarrggh, no way!
Believe it or not, I ended up having my  Unagidon  order as "take-out".
 Just couldn't bring myself to eat it ~ what with the "ideal unagi" in my mind...sigh.

So...the  $64M dollar question is:
Are we going back to  Sumo Sam??
Sorry, folks...but never again.
(Food is lousy and prices, too expensive.)
Hubby even summed it to "hello and goodbye"(LOL)

So, for our next 'Jap cravings',
it's back to our all-time favorites:
Kaisei Japanese Restaurant and Inaka Restaurant And Sushi Bar,
especially for our Sunday family get-togethers. 
(wink, wink)

Post a Comment

0 Comments

FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺

© Copyright - FOOD MORNING, BACOLOD!☺